For more great shakes recipes please check Nutritionly.com
Finding healthy snacks can be a daunting task due to our busy lifestyles. Healthy snacking is also often taken to be boring. However, this does not have to be the case. You can make smart snack choices that will make you combat hunger in between meals and also taste good. Here are 10 healthy snacks that you will enjoy having.
1. Chocolate-Covered Fresh Strawberries
If you thought healthy stuff doesn’t have to be sweet then think again. Believe it or not, chocolate can be a healthy snack. One way to mitigate its unhealthy side is by using it as a jacket for a delicious healthy sidekick such as strawberries. You should use the dark variety of chocolate because it is the healthiest.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 16 ounces dark chocolate chips
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, stirring occasionally till smooth
- Use a toothpick to hold each strawberry and dip it into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and allow them to cool. You can keep them in the fridge for a cold treat on a hot day.